This zucchini slice is delicious and is great as a healthy savoury morning snack. At home straight from the oven, or packed in a lunchbox from the fridge or freezer. So versatile!
- 5 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 3 bacon rashers
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
The flour can be wheat-based or gluten-free.
I recommend Orgran gluten-free flour which is also free of soy.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- grate the zucchini, grate the cheese, cut the bacon into small squares
- in a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (approx 1min 30sec on medium heat)
- add the eggs to a large bowl and beat them lightly. Then add the zucchini, bacon, cheese, flour and melted butter
- mix with a spoon until well combined
- prepare a lamington tin with baking paper, then pour the mixture into the tin and spread it out flat and evenly
- bake in the oven for 30 minutes until browned
- when cool, cut into 8 rectangles
The slice can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. Alternatively it can be stored in the freezer.
I like to store half in the fridge to use over the subsequent couple of days, and the other half in the freezer to use during the second half of the week. If you are eating the slice at home, it is nice to reheat it for 20-30 seconds in the microwave.