Home-made muesli bars are a great alternative to store-bought ones. I started using this recipe when I accidentally ordered two bags of 1.5kg of toasted muesli and I needed a good way to use it up!
- 1 cup toasted muesli
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup psyllium
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
The flour can be wheat-based or gluten-free.
I recommend Orgran gluten-free flour which is also free of soy.
- pre-heat oven to 180 °C
- line a lamington tray with baking paper
- place dry ingredients in a bowl
- melt the butter in the microwave
- add the syrup to the melted butter
- add the butter/syrup mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together well
- transfer the mixture to the oven tray lined with baking paper
- bake for 15 min at 180 °C
- when cool, cut into rectangular bars
For allergies, use a muesli that suits you.
I love Brookfarm muesli which has gluten-free options as well. (No affiliation, I just love it).
Remember to use nut-free muesli if you want to send these to school!