Juicy summer mangoes make for a delicious moist banana bread. Perfect for back to school snacks.
- 1.5 cups self-raising flour
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125 g butter (4 generous tablespoons if you prefer not to weigh it)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 mango
The flour can be wheat-based or gluten-free.
I recommend Orgran gluten-free flour which is also free of soy.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- mash the banana, dice and mash the mango
- in a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (approx 1min 30sec on medium heat)
- in a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add the melted butter
- in the large bowl combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon with the eggs and butter
- add the mashed banana and mango
- mix with a spoon until well combined
- prepare a loaf tin with baking paper, then pour the mixture into the the tin and tap it on the bench to spread it evenly
- bake in the oven for 45-50 min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
- leave it in the tin to cool for at least 10 min so it holds it shape
If you prefer, you can make individual muffins rather than a loaf. Simply spoon the mixture into a muffin tray and bake for 20 min. I use patty pans sprayed with oil to line the muffin tray before adding the mixture.